BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Funny Work Day

China forgot to put a certain lightbox on the last shipment to California. It's called an EdgeLyte Econo T5, and it missed the boat. Problem is, yesterday we got an order for one of them, but we are out of stock.

So this morning my job was to get the customer's modified order into production. They needed it this coming Monday, and the boxes take a couple days to build. The substitute is called a RigidLyte Performer Classic. In order to get it into production, I needed information from the shipping department. How much will it cost to ship (for Monday delivery) and will the customer approve the amount? This was my worry for the first few hours of my shift this morning.

Finally details fell into place. We had the customer's FedEx account number, so I could just skip that step that I was waiting on, and get the order going right away! Why hadn't I thought of that? So I charge the credit card, send the documents to production, and voila, the phone rings!

Here's the customer: Can we please cancel the order?

For some reason, not sure why, this struck me as awfully funny. I suppose it was just all my worrying, and hashing out details, suddenly lifted away. Will the shipment get there by Monday? Will it cost an arm and a leg? But the order is cancelled!

Nervous, giddy laugh.

0 comments: